43rd SENIOR AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP
TUESDAY - THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20 - 22, 2020
Red Hill Country Club
8358 Country Club Drive
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
- 54-hole stroke play championship
- 72 players will play 18 holes each day on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Cut to the low 30 scores and ties for the final 18-holes on Thursday, October 22.
- Ties for first place only will be determined with a three-hole aggregate playoff.
All participants are required to check in with the SCGA upon arriving Monday morning. A table will be located near the golf shop.
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be e-mailed to players and posted on scga.org/senioram one week in advance of the championship.
- Round 1 & 2 starting times will range from 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. off Holes #1 & #10.
- Round 3 starting times will range from 7:30 – 9:00 a.m. off Hole #1 only.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at their assigned tee in advance of their starting time, as the SCGA starter will have information to discuss with each player in the group. Furthermore, players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late. Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off.
- Materials such as tees, pencils and hole location sheets will not be distributed until further notice. Refer to the SCGA COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions for further instructions.
TEES & YARDAGE:
- Play will be from the SCGA tee markers. Yardage information is available on the championship portal.
- Course Rating: 72.1 / Slope: 129 / Approx. 6,500 yards / Par 72.
- Players may make arrangements for practice rounds at their own expense by calling Red Hill CC at (909) 982-4559 after October 1st. Practice rounds are only available on Monday, October 19th from 7 a.m. – 2p.m.. Green fee: $50; Cart Fee: included.
- The driving range will open at 6:30 a.m. each day of the championship. Due to the size of the driving range, please do not his balls over the protective fencing.
- Range balls will be provided compliments of Red Hill CC and the SCGA.
- Players should arrive on site no earlier than one hour prior to their starting time and must limit usage at the driving range to 15 minutes.
- The practice putting green is open without restriction.
FOOD SERVICE & PURCHASES:
- The snack bar will be available for to-go orders only.
- Major credit cards will be accepted for all purchases. No cash.
RULES OF PLAY:
- Players must familiarize themselves with the SCGA’s COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions.
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the SCGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION, PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- Automotive transportation is optional at the player’s expense ($17 per player).
- Players who are capable and willing to walk should do so.
- Red Hill does have dividers in their golf carts so players are permitted to share a cart. If you wish not to share a cart, please contact Jimmy Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org. The amount of single rider carts will be limited so it is not guaranteed you will be able to have a single-rider cart, but one will be made available if there is enough supply.
- Pull or push carts are permitted.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Caddies are prohibited at SCGA events until further notice.
- Spectators are allowed but all must walk and are limited to one per player.
- Players must be properly attired in golf shirts, slacks, Bermuda-length dress or golf shorts and soft spike shoes.
- Shirts must be tucked in and hats must be worn forward.
- Jeans (any color or any kind), T-shirts, and tank tops are prohibited.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
- To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of a SCGA competition, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at email@example.com or (818) 980-3630.
- If a player needs to withdraw on the morning of the competition, notify the SCGA staff person through the golf shop staff at the host venue.
- Failure to notify the SCGA will subject the player to suspension from future SCGA competitions.
- Refund Policy:
- Cancelation prior to the entry closing date: Full refund less a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancelation after the entry closing date and more than 48 hours prior to the start of the competition: 50% of the entry fee.
- Cancelation within 48 hours of the start of the competition: No refund.
For a complete listing of SCGA competition policies and procedures, click here.